The meeting was attended by the following members :
1. Dr J.C.Passey
2. Dr Arvind Soni
3. Dr Ashok Gupta
4. Dr Achal Gulati
5. Dr Sandeep Bansal
6. Dr Rajesh Kalra
7. Dr Sanjay Sood
8. Dr Ajay Jain
In the absence of the President Dr Nishit Shah the meeting was called to order and presided by the President Elect Dr J C Passey. The following matters were discussed:
1. The governing body passed a condolence resolution on the untimely death of the founder member, past president and Patron of AIRS Dr V.P.Sood. The governing body remembered his immense contribution in the development of the field of rhinology in India and decided that the silver jubilee conference in Delhi be dedicated in his memory.
2. The update on organization of Silver Jubilee Conference Rhinocon at Delhi was discussed. As Dr Devinder Rai was not able to attend the meeting due to being preoccupied. The honorary secretary Dr Sanjay Sood informed that as per the telephonic conversation with Dr. Rai the venue and dates have yet to be decided and he will be finalizing it shortly. It was discussed that it is almost a year since the last conference was held in Gangtok and also that in the last governing body meeting held at Chandigarh on 04-09-2011, Dr Devinder Rai was requested to finalize the date and venue within a month but still no progress has been made. It was decided unanimously that Dr Rai should be requested to finalize the date and venue by 10-04-2012 and communicate it to the office. It was suggested and passed that Dr. Achal Gulati and Dr Arvind Soni to coordinate about the organization of Rhinocon.
3. It was discussed and passed unanimously that the future conferences should be allotted to a small committee (minimum three members) from the city /State Rhinology branch which is bidding for it. It was further decided that the bid form to be circulated along with the GBM noticed and should be duly signed by three members.
4. It is since last 5 years that Clinical Rhinology is being published without any financial burden on AIRS but now the finances are required for it being indexed in PubMed and also for the circulation to the increased membership. It was suggested that that a Rupee one lakh be transferred for the journal.
5. It was passed that membership be increased to Rs 3500/- as was passed in GBM and some amount to be transferred for the journal.
6. It was discussed that if possible a Midcon should be organized and Dr Ashok Gupta was requested to see its viability.
7. IRS dues to be paid at earliest.
8. The same auditor to appointed for the audit of accounts.
9. AIRS will honor past Presidents/secretaries/treasurer during the silver jubilee Rhinocon.
10. Vote of thanks was moved.